New content coming

Read or Post Topics of interest to you right here

Moderator: ready2sail

New content coming

Postby ready2sail on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Feel free to email me any literary or photo contributions that any of you care to make to the site. If we are mentioned in the Life article, some national exposure could drive up activity on the site quickly.

Despite good intentions, I have been lax in getting new content up. I know and I'm sorry. Just been kind of tied up with mom's health issues.
Things are somewhat under control again, so I am hoping to get as much up as I can before the Life article goes public.

I really want to get the Kids Section going. I am thinking of stories, games, puzzles, outline drawings to download and color, etc. Anything to give a positive message about having the whitelock. Things may be better in general these days, what with all the tolerance and diversity emphasis in today's social agenda. But back when I was a kid, it was not fun being the one who stood out from the crowd. And I'm sure it can still be difficult. Neither of my kids had to deal with it. I am looking for advice or contributions from you parents whose kids do have it. Is it still tough for them to deal with, or has most of that teasing and shunning gone by the wayside? Is it worse? What would help your kids the most? Any help or direction here is appreciated. It's been a long time since I was a kid. Heck, it's been a long time since I raised my kids.

So, once again, while the website might be mine, the community is yours. Feel free to add or request whatever content you want to see. I am sure that the more people join in and share, the more we will all see that we are the same in more ways than we can imagine.

Mike
ready2sail
Site Admin

We have some stories posted finally.

Postby ready2sail on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:58 pm

:D Thanks to Danman and Ruth we have a couple stories posted in the Share Your Stories section. I even threw one in. Check them out if you haven't already, and consider submitting one yourself. The more the merrier, as they say.

Mike R
ready2sail
Site Admin

Return to Main Forum Topic List