Article in Life magazine

Read or Post Topics of interest to you right here

Moderator: ready2sail

Article in Life magazine

Postby ready2sail on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:49 pm

Don't forget to watch for the article in Life magazine about the Springer Family Reunion. It is supposed to be in the August 25 edition of most of the papers that carry it as an insert. I hear we even made the cover! Go to www.Life.com to check which newspapers carry it and when in your area.

They did wake me up the other day with a phone call to doublecheck the spelling of the website! Good thing too, as they had it in their notes as whitelock.ORG instead of whitelock.INFO . So, hopefully, we'll get a mention in the article.

We'll post a link to the article here in our Library if we can, as some parts of the country don't have a newspaper that carries it.

Mike
ready2sail
Site Admin

Life Article is published

Postby ready2sail on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:16 pm

Looking at what's posted on Life.com I was afraid the article on the Springer Reunion was cut, but the print magazine had much more to offer. Alas, Whitelock.Info ended up on the cutting room floor, but the article was pretty good none the less.

Hey Danman, your dad, Bud, got a good photo along with Mary Springer, complete with caption.:lol: I had wondered who the Chickenman was. We were never actually introduced.

I wish they would have gone with one of the bigger group shots. I only see about 50 people in the one they used. I'm visible, with a magnifying glass though. With my mug, that is probably a good thing.

If any of you were unable to get a copy of the magazine, I managed to get a few extras. Let me know. I'll look into posting it here on the site too.

Mike
ready2sail
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:16 pm

hey there!! Im still working on the dvd for the reunion ,, do you have any scans of the article? That would be really great to include in the dvd!!! let me know if its possible to get any,, kevin
Ive been really busy but I will check back here regularly,, also my email is kevinkevin711@hotmail.com thanks!!!

Postby Danman007 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:52 am

Yes Mike my dad is the "chickenman". And I am proud of him! Although I have to say I probably don't want to be known as the chicken son though. LOL... The photographer from the reunion is actually planning to use some of the chicken man photo's for advertising in the future. Dad had to sign some modeling release forms, and just received the proofs back in the mail. :lol: Nuts huh? What someone can acomplish with a cardboard box, duct tape, and funny looking socks.

Kevin,
I missed the reunion this year. I have visited your sight superslimme though. Good job! I am also waiting to see/get your DVD. Thanks for all your effort. I will be at the next one. All my cousins said I will get reminders from them for months before so I don't forget to put in for vacation. I'll look forward to meeting you.

Thanks all,
Dan
Danman007

Return to Main Forum Topic List